Friday, October 24, 2008

My mormon food storage


I was at the store the other day and EVERYTHING had gone up in price. I mean EVERYTHING. The stock market is diving and people are loosing their houses and it seems like the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

My Mormon instincts kicked in to overdrive. I wanted to load my cart with bags of sugar and flour, jars peanut butter and boxes of powdered milk. WHEAT! I need WHEAT! Not to mention batteries, first aid supplies and a gun. I used all my self control and stuck to my list with the exception of some extra boxes of baking soda, containers of salt and a huge bag of brown rice (I don't think my kids would eat wheat even if they were starving.)


And then I went back the next day and bought 25 lbs of sugar and flour. (I have gallons and gallons of water right next to the wine rack.)



1 comment:

Miss Kendra said...

I will post mine today too! This is fun. My food storage is sad :(

We have zero wheat too. My kids would not eat it to save their lives. Or oats. They think it is nasty.

I need all of the same stuff you do but even more. But things are so expensive I do not want to spend any money on anything, even food.