Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yesterday Coop lost his favorite rock in the lunch room at school. You would have thought he lost a million dollar diamond. Seriously. My friend K came to get me and she had given him gloves to check through the trash to see if he could find it. One of our young janitors was helping him with a smile on his face. I SO APPRECIATE THIS.

I sometimes think we get so busy getting kids where they are supposed to be and making them do what they are supposed to do that we forget that they are individuals and that these days they spend at school are their LIFE. They may be one among many but they still have their own interests and feelings. Each one.

Okay so I may be a little hormonal but the compassion that these two people showed my little guy really matters to me (and Cooper.) Thanks K and Thanks young janitor guy!

No comments: