Thursday, May 15, 2008

mother's day report (just a little late)




TRADITIONS

1-- Breakfast in bed with flowers, bouncing kids and coffee almost spilling.
2-- Presents and cards. I received 8 cards from my 3 kids and 1 husband. How much do they love me? You do the math. Cash's card read "Mother's Day has bloomed in love" and Sage's cards are, of course, amazing and varied in their artistic approach. I'll add pictures later. Cooper didn't have time to finish his gift coupons from school and told me I could fill them out. We settled on "Slave for a day".

3-- A hike to Rocky Mouth waterfall to measure how the level of whining has changed from year to year. I almost thought we would have to find a new hike because the kids did not whine AT ALL on the way up, but Sage saved it for us by having a breakdown because she didn't eat the mac and cheese I fixed for them before we left and she was starving.
NON-TRADITIONS that I think we will make traditions
1-- A nap. (Ahhhhhhh)
2-- Sushi for dinner. Jason made the fancy stuff. I made the tempura battered spicy tuna rolls. (All of it delicious. Mmmmmmmmm.)





1 comment:

Missuz J said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I need to have my husband contact your husband about proper Mother's Day protocol. He just doesn't get that buying me flowers on THURSDAY doesn't cut it.