Friday, December 19, 2008

Poem of the month November

I will be posting a favorite poem once a month. The purpose of this is 1-- to share a little of what I like with my readers (all four of them, okay maybe five) and 2-- when my kids read my blog they will be reading things they wouldn't normally read. Although Sage just told me she doesn't read my blog "because it's not that much interesting".


TE DEUM
by Charles Reznikoff

Not because of victories
I sing,
having none,
but for the common sunshine,
the breeze,
the largess of the spring.

Not for victory
but for the day's work done
as well as I was able;
not for a seat upon the dais
but at the common table.




"When will you make hot chocolate mom?" says Sage for the 4th time in 6 minutes. And this is probably the reason I don't blog much.

No comments: