Saturday, December 20, 2008



Priase the lord and pass the clam dip winter break is here. I helped with the party in Sage's room and I had the worst migraine headache that I have had in a very long time. BAD! The sounds and smells of 25 second graders just about killed me. I made it through pasting 25 little candy cane bags together with Christmas music blaring in the background and I didn't even throw up. Here's what I love about my little sister. When I say to her, "I have a headache." She oozes sympathy. She knows what I am talking about. It is the curse of the Dalley genes. Luckily I don't get them often anymore but it looks like I have passed the curse on to Cooper.




Anyway, the relief of having winter break start was wonderful-- like laying down a backpack filled with homework that hasn't been turned in, lunch boxes that have gone moldy at school and wrappers from every snack eaten this year. I don't have to cajole anyone out of bed in the morning or push them to get their homework done at night for 2 whole weeks. I came home, made myself some comfort food (clam dip, potato chips and coke) , and took four ibuprofen and a hot bath. Ah, these are the moments that life is made of.

No comments: